Monday, January 31, 2011

Catch up session!

So I read a blog today that really inspired me! I realized that my blog entries had been to few and far between. I started this little thing to use as a creative outlet and to try and overcome the hatred of writing. I love to read, but I hate to write with a passion!

I know that is a terrible thing to say, but it has been that way for me my entire life. So now is the time to make a change!

Let's do a little catching up from the last blog entry!

Vieques 2010 was the best! It was such a wonderful vacation. (Sorry Jeff and Francie - it was terrible not having your wonderful company.) It was wonderful in the fact of the beauty of the Island, the laid back Caribbean time (has to be one of my all-time favorite things about the island), and the CRAFT BEER AT DUFFY'S!!!!! You got that right! We were able to have great beer and coffee during our entire vacation! It was awesome.
After Vieques, we had the purchase of the new house to finish up. The house has been an adventure! I do love it! It is hard to decide if you want to work outside or inside. We have done some work. At times it feels like we have done nothing and other times it feels like we have done tons. The major change has been the kitchen!

This is the front view of the house before we finalized the purchase.


The next two pictures are of the kitchen before we finalized the purchase.

Get READY!!! You are about to see some MAJOR CHANGES!


This picture was taken on the day of the install...I just love the new cabinets!


This is a close up view of the refrigerator surround. The detail is just outstanding. Is it wrong to be in love with your cabinet maker and your appliances?


And these are directly across from the cabinets pictured above. The drawers are wonderful! They fully extend out. Jason and I both think that these are a much better use of space. (Our other kitchen had cabinets underneath. The house before that did not even have this kind of space...we are a learn as you go kind of couple!)


More to come on this subject...we have a long way to go!
This past fall had to be one of the WORST football seasons for the Rebels in awhile! At least in my book it was terrible. I am a Rebel and will be until the day I die! I bleed RED AND BLUE! And I can always party with the best of them...win or lose!
Thanksgiving and Christmas were great! Christmas was the best! We finally got that white Christmas! I finally got the Kindle, and I was not even brave enough to ask for it! I have secretly wanted one since they first came out. I had a hard time getting over the fact of the price and what could this do to the book as we have known it. Well let me just say, I truly love the fact that I can have ALL of the books with me at all times that I am currently reading. I am a reader that can have as many as 5 books going at one time. (That might be a habit that I received from Mamaw. Considering she taught me to read, I probably picked up her reading habit as well!) I just can get so bogged down with reading one story that I need something totally different to read for a moment.
This is what we woke up to on Christmas Day!

We were not the only ones that were excited by a White Christmas! Holly showing you how DMc does it!

Then the snow really came down! We had at least seven inches in Burgess! I thought our little place was beautiful....it was beyond words...
The first snow of 2011!
The outcome of the snow fall!

What a beautiful winter wonderland...

I know I have said it before, but I will be a better blogger! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment